Cellulose is a type of insulation and is made of recycled paper, as well as plant fibers. It means that is one of the most environmentally friendly insulation options on the market. Paper is pulverized into smaller fibers and treated with boric acid and borax as fire and pest retardants. Cellulose is typically used as a wall cavity or attic cavity insulation. This type of insulation is one of the most highly regarded methods of insulating your house. If you are looking to insulate your property, http://ecicellulose.com/ is a great option for you.
Here are four types of cellulose insulation that you should be aware
Low dust cellulose
It has a small percentage of utilizing oil or dust dampeners with their materials. The insulation creates minimal dust particles in the air during the installation, so wearing a dust mask is a good idea.
Is typically a regular cellulosic mixture but with the water and moisture retardant.
This is the type of loose fill insulation that you are most likely to see in several residential homes.
It features a tiny amount of water, less than the water used in spray-applied cellulose. Activates a form of adhesive when the materials are mixed.
Advantages of cellulose insulation
- Is quite effective at preventing thermal transfer. Cellulose fills cavities more or less completely, preventing gaps such as the ones that are likely to present with batts. It can also help to prevent thermal bridges by surrounding beams and joists with insulation.
- It is also a very efficient acoustic insulator. It owes much of its noise clocking the ability to its density and lack of air pockets for the sound to travel in.
- This type of insulation usually provides one of the best thermal performance by preventing, conductive, convective and radiant heat loss.
- You will be able to see a noticeable decrease of the energy you usually use. Choosing cellulose insulation is more environmentally friendly compared to other types of insulation.
- Using less energy can also mean paying a smaller utility bill.
- Cellulose insulation is made to be fire and mold resistant which makes it safer for homes as well as people.
- Cellulose is inexpensive because at the fact that is being made of recycled paper and some type of plant fibers
- In the winter, insulation helps to keep heat inside the house, and in the summer it keeps the warm air outside.
- It is better for your help. Cellulose does not contain fiberglass like other common insulations. Fiberglass has the risk of irritation, rash, and cancer.
Cellulose provides on of the best thermal performance out of the main types of insulation. It fits snugly into tight places, around pipes and creates fewer air pockets that other types of insulation. With its thermal efficiency, you will find that you can use less energy, these are just a few of the reasons why cellulose insulation is the clear front runner. This video explains in detail with examples the benefits of cellulose over fiberglass insulation.